When your air conditioning system starts to make strange sounds it should prompt you to turn to our team of technicians for air conditioner repair in New Braunfels, TX. Why? Because in most cases, loud and out-of-place sounds that are coming from your AC unit are indicators of trouble.
The sounds that your system makes are going to indicate a variety of different possible issues. When you contact our team for services, it is actually helpful to have an idea of what sounds you are hearing because that will let you know what kind of repair you might need to reach out for.
The Noises To Keeps Your Ears Alert For
When your AC system starts to sound like it is having trouble, it is because it probably is. Here are some of the sounds that should warn you that you should have a technician visit your home soon:
- Rattling: Rattling is going to be a sign that something is either coming loose within your system, or already has come loose and is bouncing around in your unit somewhere. As you can imagine, this is a problem because loose parts tend to create additional damage the longer they go unaddressed.
- Humming or Buzzing: If it sounds like there is an electrical issue in your AC it is likely that this is exactly what that problem is. Humming or buzzing can be a sign of an electrical connection problem or a wiring issue in your AC.
- Hissing: When you hear hissing coming from your air conditioner it is a sign that something is up with the airflow in your system. This sound can be caused by air forcing its way through a clogged air filter or by air escaping through a leak in your ducts. Likewise, hissing may also indicate a leak in your refrigerant line.
- Short cycling: You turn your air conditioner on and it runs for a few brief moments only to shut back down. This is known as short cycling, the process when your AC stops running before it completes a full cooling cycle. You want to get this addressed as soon as possible for the sake of your comfort and your AC’s lifespan.
- Screaming or screeching: Last but certainly not least is the sound of screeching or screaming–undoubtedly one of the freakiest sounds to hear from your system. These may be indicators of a motor belt that needs lubrication or replacement, or it may indicate loose fan blades are scraping around inside their housing.
When your cooling system starts to sound like it isn’t doing all that well, you should reach out to our team for effective and reliable repair services. Every job that our professional technicians perform is backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee so you never have to worry whether or not the job will be done right because it always will.
Your comfort is our #1 priority! Contact Thayer Air Conditioning today to schedule your air conditioning services with a team you can rely on.